At expert mortgage advisor, we’ve compiled an online hub of knowledge, expertise and great tips on everything to do with mortgages. In particular, our experts can help even those with the most unique of circumstances to secure mortgages, even when others have declined them.
Our advisors are experienced in specialist mortgages such as those with adverse credit, self-employed and a host of others such as just starting a new job, to maternity leave. No matter how tricky your situation is, our experts may still be able to secure you a mortgage.
We’ve listed a few of the specialist areas covered below. There’s also a wealth of knowledge and articles throughout the site.
If you still can’t find what you’re looking for, be sure to make an enquiry or give us a call. A qualified and approved mortgage broker will then guide you through the best avenue moving forward.
Help with bad credit
- Mortgages with defaults
- Applying for a mortgage with a CCJ
- Mortgages after a debt management plan
- Applying for a mortgage after an IVA
- Mortgages with arrears and late payments
- Applying for a mortgage after bankruptcy
- Mortgages after being repossessed
- Using payday loans before applying for a mortgage
Self-employed mortgage advice
- Ltd directors borrowing using retained profits
- Self-employed buy to let mortgages
- Use your most recent year’s accounts
- Mortgages for new companies
- Applying for a mortgage as a contractor
- CIS mortgages
Other unique mortgages
- Large mortgage applications
- How to port your mortgage
- Buying a home with a covenant
- Getting a mortgage on maternity leave
- How to get a mortgage with a new job
- How many mortgages can I have at once?
- What can I use for a mortgage deposit?
- Mortgages for single parents
- Equity release with a lifetime mortgage
- Mortgages for self-build
- How to transfer a mortgage
- Mortgages for over 55s
- University mortgages
- Mortgages after furlough
Is it easy to get a mortgage?
We’re often asked, “will it be easy for me to get a mortgage?”. Unfortunately, there isn’t one answer for everyone. Some may find it easier to get a mortgage than others and it ultimately depends on your past and current situation.
If you have a good credit score, a large deposit and a simple income structure, then it can be relatively easy.
On the other hand, if you have adverse credit, have recently become self-employed or have a complex income structure, then these are just a few things that can make the mortgage process difficult. That being said, it doesn’t mean you won’t qualify for a mortgage.
Every client we speak to has different circumstances in terms of their credit files, how much they earn, whether or not they’re self-employed, the variables really are quite endless. Furthermore, each lender has its own specific criteria. Some may lend to those with certain types of adverse credit, whereas some lenders will simply decline.
Always seek specialist advice
Getting a mortgage can be made easier, especially with the right specialist advisors on your side. This is because experienced mortgage advisors know the criteria of lenders and can place applications with the correct lender based on the applicant’s circumstances.
Banks will often decline most things if mortgage applications aren’t straightforward and will often only offer you their own products. Whole of market brokers can tap into the entire market as they’re not tied to specific products and can find the best mortgage available in the UK.
Specialist mortgages need attention to detail and therefore will take extra time and expertise to get a mortgage qualified. Our experts have often been able to get mortgage approval for clients who have been declined previously, either by banks or even brokers.
This is because we have a wealth of experience and sometimes our specialist knowledge can be the difference in getting you that all-important mortgage.
Speak to an expert
If you’re still unsure of what to do next, our qualified advisors can help. Give us a call on 0800 195 0490 or make an enquiry online.